Friday, February 11, 2011

film photography


my courses are now a full seven weeks in at NSCAD. its been a dream, an unbelievable experience. its taken me to new levels and shown me things I never could have imagined. but the best part is wednesday. 
wednesday is photography day. we have learned how to properly use a 35mm film camera (pentax k1000). we know how to load them with film. we know how to use them, take (almost) perfectly exposed shots in black and white. twe know how to rewind the film into that tiny canister and develop it. just last week, we learned about printing and enlarging.
altogether, the process takes a full day from start to finish. its tricky, it rarely goes off smoothly and the thought process behind 36 pictures on a roll is incredible. each picture is so precious, its a once in a lifetime thing. then taking care of the film while its still in the camera (so much can go wrong). each step is tedious and the photos mean more, if you will.
so this was week one, roll one. my best friend is beautiful, probably my favourite person to have in front of the camera. these photos took a full 6 hours to do. my first film series.
I <3 NSCAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment