Friday, November 27, 2009

blurbing.

today.. i'd like to talk about karma. what is karma? and who believes in it?
ME. i believe in it.
my karma varies depending on the day, so i tend to avoid black cats/undersides of ladders like the plague, cause i like to keep my luck in check too.
today.. today is just "one of those days". please allow me to explain.

I woke up this morning feeling slightly anxious (due to the fact that I am drawing) and I didn't do my routine I-love-life-happy-dance in the morning. I do actually dance every morning with my Ipod on the way to the kitchen. It could only go downhill from here.
Whilst pouring myself a bowl of cheerios, I realized there was no milk because the milk I was looking for was currently spilling all over my lovely clean counter. (Okay, it seemed like a lot)
So brushing it aside, I continued my morning routine, of jumping in the shower, determined not to let this become a problem. Singing happily and soaping up my locks, an unfortunate spray of water caused ALOT of shampoo to slide into my eye. In slow motion. I didn't even have the reflexes to close it. Therefore, I spent the next five minutes cursing and sticking my eye under a shower head.. which hurt probably just as much as the shampoo.
I have this favorite pair of jeans (you know where this is going). They have been well-worn, well-worth the price. They are a faded blue with rips and the softest denim imaginable, and this morning I happened to throw them on BEFORE putting on a bit of makeup (big no no). While squeezing my tube of liquid green eyeshadow, an air bubble magically appeared but in my hindsight, I didn't think to just pick another color and promptly squeezed harder. Lets say the favorite jeans have run their course. *tear*
So upon arriving at school .. after missing the bus. yep.. I happened to get winded during gym class bad enough that I spent an hour wandering around the gym sounding like I was having a mild asthma attack.
As if this wasn't bad enough, I dislike cellphones, but decided to charge mine figuring three days of it being dead was enough. First, I spent 10 minutes searching for the charger that happened to be already plugged in. Then the next 10 yelling at the immobile object before realizing I hadn't fully plugged it into the celly itself. Then promptly left for school while the cell phone stayed home.

So why, you ask? I dare not push my karma/luck but I strongly believe this string of events derived itself from a rather unfortunate incident last night when I basically stated my mother was wrong. Basically, you do not EVER challenge the wisdom of "the mother". That is my lesson, and karma, I have learned it well. In the meantime, I suggest you take the piece of advice from me, and hide your favorite pair of jeans if you don't.

Love love love,
the bad karma-d

Hails.

No comments:

Post a Comment