Thursday, May 6, 2010

if it makes you happy.

rain is falling on my skylight and i feel like i should be driving somewhere with someone or making my way to some destination i've never been. it's hopeful rain, i guess.
but instead i'm lying here, writing. and you know what? it feels just as good.
therefore


tick tacking of rain drops
silhouettes on the pavement
and the car speeds steadily home
silence isn't uncomfortable
were so lost in this little world we've created
and i never want to leave,
your eyes tell me stories about
the best of days
raincoats and
paths that lead nowhere
the likes of us have ever been,
that remind me of my favorite things
like soft strumming
the smell of summer,
just the two of us.
the truth is all i need
and the truth is, we are happy wherever
just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment