Thursday, July 22, 2010

sister rosetta

today is a mad case of a rainy day with nothing to do
so therefore all my thoughts are screaming their way to the front of my mind
and its pretty hard to resist running outside in the downpour
just to have some distraction.
instead (and please, this is mental picture worthy)
i found myself playing "sister rosetta" by the noisettes-
greeeeatttt song-
and dancing it out all over my room
down the hall
shaking my butt right into the kitchen
and doing air guitar,
until i found myself in front of the disbelieving face of my mother
.. i paused, wide eyed, for no longer than 5 seconds
and then promptly continued, singing (loudly) "BABAYYYY, when I am laid in earth
may my laughter remain like your kiss blew me away-
left your scent on my pillow, sister rosetta was playin'
congregation insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane.."

being cooped up is really getting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment