Monday, September 27, 2010

when it started out it seemed impossible
a road with strange twists and turns, places we couldn't see
endless questions and what ifs that exist still today
but today
today the butterflies in my stomach are at home
and i'm used to the sudden flight when you say my name
my strong and steady heart is a drum that changes beat
when you smile and laugh
the comfortable peace coming from somewhere inside
resonates even more when i realize its
me that you want
its me you find amazing
its me that makes you feel at home
all the insecurities have washed clean
and i wonder how tightly they clung to begin with
its me you find beautiful.
and its you i want.
not forever, no promises are being spoken
no i never said that word
but its the simple peace of knowing
i want you around.
for as long as possible, for as long as you'll be here
for as long as you'll listen to my words-
softly spoken and intended for you only.
and we'll take it one day at a time
we'll take the changes
i'm willing to try.
this fire in me is lit,
not for any intent or purpose- i didn't try to light it
and neither did you
and maybe thats why it feels like it will last.
the best things in life take you by surprise
and love,
you were the best kind of surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment