Wednesday, December 9, 2009

me, now.

i am 17.
i am a generally happy person
with a wonderful life,
and a family who loves me
but that's just the first layer.
in return, i love my family,
sometimes, maybe, more than they deserve.
if you were to spend an hour
talking to me, you'd come to the conclusion
that i'm either
really insightful, or
completely wacked.
that will never change.
i think if the glass isn't full-
you can fill it.
i'm spiritual, not religious
and there's a difference.
i'm always analyzing things,
thinking before speaking,
i think everything is not about what
happens, but
how you take it
and what you make it.
now you're getting to know me.
i'm old fashioned, indie,
retro.
i dream in black and white.
things matter to alot more than others- alot more than they should-
most of the time.
i have alot of hope for the future,
because i believe it's
going to be good and bad-
but i'll try not to be afraid.
i have no reason to be bitter about life- it's been too good to me,
but i have reason to hurt
i've been through alot
it's made me who i am.
sometimes people interpret it wrong
but if you guessed
you would never get it right.
getting warmer.
if you're my friend,
it means i trust you.
therefore, i have few good friends.
i am brave.
i have learned my lessons-
for whatever i've been given.
to conclude-
me, now.
i am 17.
i'm concerned about having a life in which i am truly happy-
not temporarily.
i have wandered in and out of
people's lives. it's about learning to
let go.
i will not change for others, or succumb
to the vision others have for me.
who knows where i will be,
in 20 years.
but i do know,
for anything in the world
i wouldn't change
me, now.

- to a very, very great teacher, as much as i jokingly say otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment