Tuesday, December 1, 2009

my theory about people.

I have a lot of theories. Life, love, relationships, summertime, and karma, but lately I've been thinking about people.
People amaze me. Somehow we manage to come from all walks of life and conform to this society that sets us high above everyone else.
But no matter our past, presents and future we have these events in our lives that define us as something other than our outward appearance may show.
So walking down a bland, white hallway lined with lockers today, I considered this. If everything bad that had ever happened to us was suddenly tattoed on our skin for the world to see- would we cover it up or wear it proudly because it's made us who we are today?
While reflecting on this, I also (while almost running over several people due to the intensity of my day dreaming) thought about the thousands of ways we choose to cover up. Smiles. Make-up. Lies, to name a few.
This brought me to the wondering of the worse for wear we are, the more layers we put on.
The less reason we have to trust turns into the less reason we have to open up.
This little string of thoughts brought me to my conclusion:
(And yes, I do think about these things walking down hallways)

There are 50,000 people with different situations, but at the end of the day we all want the same things.

No comments:

Post a Comment