Friday, December 4, 2009

theme of the year.

Every year has a theme. It can be anything from change to prosperity or even bad luck. Last year, I learned, my theme was acceptance. This year, it's bravery.
The story is, there are several or many events that happen in a year that lead to an all-over theme. This year, I got my first job, my amazing job and it taught me to not cautiously hover around the edge of the cliff, but to dive right off. I learned just how easy it is to communicate with people, which in the end effectively improved my communication with every around me.
I learned to be brave with my friendships- that trust is really the most important thing.
I found bravery came in handy in letting someone new in, but still being unafraid to keep some things to yourself, so you aren't left with nothing.
I discovered that it takes courage to be independant.
It takes bravery to be your own in highschool, to not follow the leader but march to your own drum in a way that doesn't shut everyone out but doesn't let anyone change you.
It takes bravery to admit your mistakes, to actually take the blame for whatever problems you have caused, despite the harsh judgements of others.

So bravery, in itself, isn't concrete. You can't see it or seek it or reach for it. But it's already there.
Lastly, it takes bravery to be brave, to stand up for all these things and everything else you believe in.
So, the year isn't over yet,
And I'm still learning,
but Courage, you've taught me a wonderful lesson so.. thanks (<3)
Everyone's theme is different, most times, so as the year rolls around to an end consider all the little things, the big things, and add them up. Your result, a life lesson. Think of it as one for each year. And take something from it, you don't want to have to repeat this kind of lesson.

Xoxo,
The Non-Cowardly Lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment