Friday, June 25, 2010

WHATS TODAY!?

while scrambling around the house this morning-
packing all our belongings for ingonish in a few suitcases and a couple duffel bags,
moving around our lives and making big decisions,
it hit me that i'm GRADUATING. TODAY.
so anyways, last night just before bed, i walked downstairs
and starting singing this improv version of "can't touch this"
with all the lyrics matching with graduation.
my father threw me this look that clearly says "I love you, and I'm proud of you but stop singing that song"
instead of getting my feathers ruffled, I ran up to him screaming
"WHATS TOMMOROW!?"
he mumbles "graaaaddd dayyyyy" and smiles.
so I bounced upstairs and whisper to my mother:
"whats tommorow!?"
and she mumbles "grraaaaddd day" and smiles.
this morning when I woke up, I skipped in the room doing the
Ice Ice Baby dance and screamed "WHATS TODAYYYYYY!?"
effectively waking them up
and knowing I would persist until I got the desired effect they hollered
"GRAAAAAD DAYYYYYYYY"

the moral of the story is, every now and again today,
I holler "WHATS TODAYYYYYY!?"
and my parents scream "GRAAAAD DAYYYY"
and we all start laughing.

its grad day. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment