Friday, June 18, 2010

you have stolen my heart

if i turned around and looked back at ingonish fading away
every time i left,
it would break my heart, every single time.
to every one else, it is a simple (albeit beautiful) little town.
its the same idea as every other little town on this little island.
but it takes my breath away.
the endless, countless, infinite memories,
every first and every last
every favorite moment and pounding heart
for me has exsisted in this place
the place itself, and the people
the familiar faces i have loved since the beginning
they make me feel like i belong right there
its nothing obvious. not to anyone else.
and, i never get sick of the view
i will never get used to the mountains, one after the other
reaching bigger than the endless azure sky
the stretch of ocean as far as the eye can see
the panoramic view of the stars at night
the feeling that you are at the top of the world.
i love this place
god, i love it.
i live to be there,
i live for summer.


you have stolen my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment