Thursday, February 4, 2010

it's 2 am, feeling like i just lost a friend.

softly
shoulder to shoulder
and yet we face this alone.

it's not simple
it's never easy

the missing you
it's the hardest part
until i remember the rest.


softly
keep it together
i struck a deal with time
"keep me around
and i won't try and push you
faster
slower
just stay with me"

so i hold tight to the steady
tick tick tick
the ache in the center of my heart
a place that can't be reached
because it belongs to no one.

i watch someone like you
who you are, everything you've become
everything you were
and everything i can't make myself be.

you are broken- i can't fix you
as much as you think i can
be what holds you together. i can't.

and in my mind
you are here.
in your mind..
sometimes i wonder.


sometimes it's easier to pretend we're okay. and sometimes you just have to shake it off and go with it.
sometimes words do nothing. but other times- they are everything. tonight, i'm channeling something too big for my heart to hold.

all my love.

ps. i can do better than this. i'm exhausted guys! just started bio today. so cut me a little slack ;) oh you guys are all-forgiving. i promise to write more often. all above is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment